Nice Chat security and data storage
Data transmission and storage security is imperative in the modern enterprise. That’s why we have taken all measures to keep all information appropriately protected.
Our data centers, provided by Softlayer, are located in Texas, US. They are behind a number of security clearances, and there’s always a security guard on duty.
Services provided to us by Softlayer are in compliance with the SSAE16 standard.
Our staff is granted access only in their respective fields and day to day work. They are also required to maintain confidentiality after departure from the company.
Nice Chat developers treat stored data of customers with the highest level of security and care. Each piece of customer data is treated as personal and in need of standardized protection. We have employed security policies which ensure safety of the data storage and transmission.
All Nice Chat connections are encrypted with 256bit SSL protocol. There is no expiration date on the stored data. The data will remain on our servers even if a client does not extend his or her license.
Security of information
Nice Chat is in the compliance with the following information related security and monitoring procedures:
- Documented and defined security standards and procedures
- Employee confidentiality agreement
- Verification of employees who have access to customer data
- Access to information granted only to employees who need to work with customer data or hosting servers
- Access to customer data is limited within 24 hours of employee departure or relocation within Nice Chat
- Training on internal security policies and raising of security awareness as a day-to-day process
- Physical security of the data center
Nice Chat supports technical controls to provide protection to its network, systems, and applications:
- Nice Chat utilizes professional facilities via a top tier hosting provider that protect customer data from external threats
- Nice Chat maintains individual accountability for employees that can access systems hosting customer data
- Nice Chat has documented user account/password management systems for employees with access to systems that are hosting customer data
- Nice Chat ensures that individual access to customer data is controlled, i.e., a diverse user name and password is required for each individual administrator
- Customer data is compartmentalized to prevent unauthorized access and separated from the data of other customers
- Access to customer data is protected by hardened passwords rotated on a 90 day basis
- Wireless connectivity to networks or servers hosting customer data is protected using security mechanisms such as EAP, TTLS, TLS, or PEAP
- Nice Chat’s data center has formal security policies and procedures in place that deal with viruses, other malware and related threats